The University Library System is a coordinated set of service structures, such as libraries and archives, responsible for the preservation, development, enhancement and management of the documentary heritage, as well as for granting access to online information resources.
University Library System services groups:
- Library’s IT Services Group
- Library Services Group for the Humanities, Economics, and Law areas – UEG
- Library Services Group for the Medicine, Science, and Technology areas – MST
Library services directly managed by the University Library System:
- Administrative and purchase support
- Digital library
- Inter-library loans and document delivery
- Training and Third Mission initiatives
The University Library System is organised into two areas: UEG (Polo Umanistico Economico Giuridico), which comprises the Arturo Frinzi Library and the departmental libraries of the Humanities, Economics, and Law areas, and MST (Polo Medico Scientifico Tecnologico), which groups together the Egidio Meneghetti Library and the departmental libraries of the Medicine, Science, and Technology areas. Most of the Library’s staff, despite being included in a specific area, also take part in the activities from other areas and units of the University Library System.
Services available at the Frinzi and Meneghetti Libraries:
- Management and development of library collections, and bibliographic research support
- Services for the general public
- Departmental libraries