International degree-seeking studentsServizi
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS is a university service aimed at providing international students with all the information they need to study at the University of Verona.
You are an “International student” if you hold a foreign university degree (or equivalent qualification) and you are not an italian citizen. Please note: in order to apply successfully to any Italian university you will need to have completed at least 12 years of school.
Applications for the academic year 2020/2021:
• For International Master’s degree programmes:
- Non-EU citizens living outside EU: the call for applications is open from 20 December 2019 to 31 March 2020.
- EU citizens and non-EU citizens living in EU: please go to http://www.univr.it/en/iscrizioni. Non-EU students holding a valid Italian study permit will be allowed to take the admission tests in order to enrol in one of the University’s programmes under the same terms and conditions as the EU citizens, and they will be included in the same ranking list.
• For other Master's and Bachelor’s degree programmes: please go to http://www.univr.it/en/iscrizioni
• If you’d like to attend individual modules and take the corresponding exams without having to enrol in a specific degree programme, please go to Enrolment in single courses
Non-EU citizens living outside EUBEFORE LEAVING FOR ITALY you will need to carry out the pre-enrolment procedures through the Universitaly dashboard. Please note: you can only indicate one preference, i.e. only one degree programme at one university (each programme has a number of available places for non-EU citizens). This online procedure will allow you both to pre-register and to request a study visa at once. As the pre-enrolment procedure is already available on the Universitaly dashboard, we suggest applicants to register and apply as soon as possibile in order to speed up the visa issuing process. Registration will be possibile until the end of November 2020, but it is mandatory that students register and complete their application before the deadline indicated in the Call for admissions to the BA/MA Courses with entry test.
ONCE IN ITALY
You must take and pass an Italian language test, which will take place at the CLA (University Language Centre). Dates and instructions on how the test will be organised will be duly communicated by 30 November 2020.
Students who meet the following requirements are not required to take an Italian language test:
1) those who hold an Italian language qualification (B2 CEFR level), issued by one of the following institutions: “Università per stranieri di Perugia”, “Università per stranieri di Siena”, “Università Roma Tre”, “Società Dante Alighieri”;
2) those who whish to enrol in an English-taught Master’s degree
- Ministerial guidelines for the enrolment of International students
- CIMEA (Information Centre on Academic Mobility and Equivalence)
- The Italian university system
- International Masters Programmes
- Degree programmes
- Course catalogue
- Individual modules
- PhD Schools
- Summer/Winter Schools in Verona
The University of Verona offers a range of scholarships to reward excellent students and/or to help those from lower income families. Scholarships are intended to cover part of the Student’s living expenses for each year of study.
- Scholarships funded by the University of Verona – International Master’s degrees a.y. 2020/2021
- Scholarships funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Invest your Talent in Italy
- Scholarship applications for the academic year 2019-2020 (the 2020-2021 Call for applications will be available in July 2020)
- Part-time work for students
- Documents needed to request an “isee” (the ISEE certificate is issued by the Italian Revenue Agency upon assessment of your financial situation).
General information on tuition fees for international students
- Tuition fees for non-EU students.
- Regulations on student fees
- Tuition fees, taxes, reductions, benefits based on merit, and tax exemptions – Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees
INCLUSIONE AND ACCESSIBILITY(Visit the website)
The University of Verona supports students with disabilities and Specific Learning Disorder (SLD)/learning disabilities from enrolment to graduation by providing them with the support they need to effectively participate in the educational activities of the University.
Our University has chosen to promote a culture of inclusion, valuing diversity and enhancing the strengths of each person, providing training tailored to each individual’s needs through specific auxiliary aids and services.
Italian universities do not generally have a campus system. International students in Verona can find accommodation in student residences, or share a private flat with other students.
Validation of foreign qualifications (richieste di equipollenza): academic qualifications from foreign universities are not ‘automatically’ accepted. To have your qualifications recognised at our University, you should get in touch with the International Student Desk. Relevant information is also available on the CIMEA (Information Centre on Academic Mobility and Equivalence) website. To get your qualifications recognised for any other purposes (e.g. public procurement, or for admission to regulated professions) you’ll need to contact the relevant national authorities.
- Request for the recognition of foreign qualifications. Applicants need to complete a specific form, to be delivered to the International Student Desk together with the relevant documents and a €16 stamp duty (marca da bollo).
- Required documents. Documents must be delivered to the International Student Desk (ground floor, San Francesco Cloister – Via San Francesco 22) by appointment only.