International degree-seeking studentsServizi
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS is a university service aimed at providing international students with all the information they need to study at the University of Verona.
You are an “International student” if you hold a foreign university degree (or equivalent qualification) and you are not an italian citizen. Please note: in order to apply successfully to any Italian university you will need to have completed at least 12 years of school.
Applications for the academic year 2020/2021:
• For International Master’s degree programmes:
- Non-EU citizens living outside EU: the call for applications is open from 20 December 2019 to 31 March 2020.
- EU citizens and non-EU citizens living in EU: please go to http://www.univr.it/en/iscrizioni. Non-EU students holding a valid Italian study permit will be allowed to take the admission tests in order to enrol in one of the University’s programmes under the same terms and conditions as the EU citizens, and they will be included in the same ranking list.
• For other Master's and Bachelor’s degree programmes: please go to http://www.univr.it/en/iscrizioni
• If you’d like to attend individual modules and take the corresponding exams without having to enrol in a specific degree programme, please go to Enrolment in single courses
Non-EU citizens living outside EUBEFORE LEAVING FOR ITALY From March to July 2020 you will need to carry out the pre-enrolment procedures through the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your home country. Please note: you can only indicate one preference, i.e. only one degree programme at one university (each programme has a number of available places for non-EU citizens). You will also need to request a study visa.
ONCE IN ITALY
You must take and pass an Italian language test, which will take place at the CLA (University Language Centre) end of August - beginning of September 2020 (the date will be indicated by the Ministry).
Students who meet the following requirements are not required to take an Italian language test:
1) those who hold an Italian language qualification (B2 CEFR level), issued by one of the following institutions: “Università per stranieri di Perugia”, “Università per stranieri di Siena”, “Università Roma Tre”, “Società Dante Alighieri”;
2) those who whish to enrol in an English-taught Master’s degree
- Ministerial guidelines for the enrolment of International students
- CIMEA (Information Centre on Academic Mobility and Equivalence)
- The Italian university system
- International Masters Programmes
- Degree programmes
- Course catalogue
- Individual modules
- PhD Schools
- Summer/Winter Schools in Verona
The University of Verona offers a range of scholarships to reward excellent students and/or to help those from lower income families. Scholarships are intended to cover part of the Student’s living expenses for each year of study.
- Scholarships funded by the University of Verona – International Master’s degrees a.y. 2020/2021
- Scholarships funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Invest your Talent in Italy
- Scholarship applications for the academic year 2019-2020 (the 2020-2021 Call for applications will be available in July 2020)
- Part-time work for students
- Documents needed to request an “isee” (the ISEE certificate is issued by the Italian Revenue Agency upon assessment of your financial situation).
General information on tuition fees for international students
- Tuition fees for non-EU students.
- Regulations on student fees
- Tuition fees, taxes, reductions, benefits based on merit, and tax exemptions – Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees
INCLUSIONE AND ACCESSIBILITY(Visit the website)
The University of Verona supports students with disabilities and Specific Learning Disorder (SLD)/learning disabilities from enrolment to graduation by providing them with the support they need to effectively participate in the educational activities of the University.
Our University has chosen to promote a culture of inclusion, valuing diversity and enhancing the strengths of each person, providing training tailored to each individual’s needs through specific auxiliary aids and services.
Italian universities do not generally have a campus system. International students in Verona can find accommodation in student residences, or share a private flat with other students.
Validation of foreign qualifications: academic qualifications from foreign universities are not ‘automatically’ accepted. To have your qualifications recognised at our University, you should get in touch with the International Student Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests are accepted from January to March each year. Relevant information is also available on the CIMEA (Information Centre on Academic Mobility and Equivalence) website. To get your qualifications recognised for any other purposes (e.g. public procurement, or for admission to regulated professions) you’ll need to contact the relevant national autorities.
- Request for the recognition of foreign qualifications. Applicants need to complete a specific form, to be delivered to the International Student Desk together with the relevant documents and a €16 stamp duty (marca da bollo).
- Required documents. Documents must be delivered to the International Student Desk (ground floor, San Francesco Cloister – Via San Francesco 22) by appointment only. You can book an appointment at https://internationalstudentdesk.youcanbook.me.
- Request for the recognition of the academic qualification
Form to be completed in order to request the recognition of the academic qualification. The form and the required attachments must be handed or sent to the International student desk with a stamp duty of € 16,00.
- Recognition of foreign degrees
List of documents to request the recognition of foreign academic titles.
The request form and the required attachments must be submitted to the International student desk (ground floor, Room T.22, Chiostro San Francesco - Via San Francesco 22) by appointment only at https://internationalstudentdesk.youcanbook.me
- Recognition of academic qualifications in Medicine, Dentistry and Health Professions
For students who want to apply for the recognition of academic qualifications in Medicine, Dentistry and Health Professions, please refer to CALLS FOR COMPETITION.
- Offices to contact for information regarding the recognition of foreign professional qualifications obtained in the EU
- Holders of international protection - Assistance for the recovery of documentation related to qualifications obtained abroad
- have been admitted to the degree programme they applied for, based on their equivalent foreign qualifications;
- be residing – or have their family unit residing – in a Non-EU country.
Those who benefit from the special fee:
- can still apply for scholarships (go to: www.univr.it/benefici);
- cannot apply for exemptions or reduced student fees.
- Documents needed to request an “isee”
The ISEE certificate is issued by the Italian Revenue Agency upon assessment of your financial situation.Documents required for the ISEE - EN | 573Kb | 13/12/2019
Documenti per ISEE - IT | 493Kb | 13/12/2019
Bayesian Statistical Analyses for the Human, Social and Cognitive Sciences
Doing Business in Italy
Quantum Languages Design and Implementation
Shakespeare and the Mediterranean/
Winter Schools in Verona
Inequality and Social Welfare Theory
International perspectives on education policy (IPEP) Winter School