During the mobility


3. Procedures and documents for the mobility period

3.1 Upon arrival at the Host University

Upon arrival, ask the International Relations Office of the Host University to complete and sign the Certificate of Stay (template attached to the financial contract, see 1.6), in the "ARRIVAL" section, without manual corrections in the date/name section. Send the Certificate to the Univr International Office via Service Desk no later than 5 days after the arrival, as a proof of the beginning of the mobility.

3.2 Learning Agreement (LA) “During the Mobility”

Within 5 weeks after the start of each semester it is possible to prepare only one modification to the Learning Agreement. Changes are admitted as an exception and for well-defined reasons (cancellation of a training activity, replacement of a deleted academic activity, timetable incompatibility, extension of mobility, added internship or training activity). Further information available in the Esse3 Guidelines for Erasmus+ mobility. Once the modification of the Learning Agreement (LA During the mobility) has been approved, send a copy of the document (including all signatures) to the International Office via the Service Desk.

3.3 Extension of the mobility period

If you intend to extend your mobility period you have to plan it in advance (at least two months before the expiry date of the scheduled mobility period) and ask to obtain the authorization from the Host University.

ATTENTION: the Host University can decide whether to accept the request or not, based on its internal rules.

The Extension Request must be sent to the International Office (via Service Desk) at least 30 days before the expiry date of the scheduled mobility period. The extension can be requested:

  • only once
  • for study reasons related to the academic calendar of the Host University
  • if the mobility period, including the extension, does not exceed 12 months and ends by 30 September of the relevant a.y.
  • to do an internship. Include the activity in the Learning Agreement (LA), and attach it to the Extension Request. It is also necessary to contact the Internships and work orientation Office for the necessary procedures to activate the internship (see 2.4)
  • up to 1 month: send the Extension Request to the International Office (no further attachments required)
  • for periods longer than 1 month: you have to agree in advance with the Coordinator (see 1.2) the modification of the Learning Agreement (LA) and include the activities to be carried out during the extended mobility period. The LA approved by all parties must be attached to the Extension Request.

If the request is accepted, a notification for the extension will be available in the Esse3 personal "student file" (see Esse3 Guidelines for Erasmus+ mobility). The extended period will be financed only in the case of available funds and only for the European contribution. At the end of the mobility students have to submit the Certificate of Stay (see 3.4) including the extension period.

3.4 At the end of the mobility period

Before returning home, students have to ask for the following documents at the International Office of the Host University:

  • Certificate of Stay (original copy) completed and signed by the Host University also in the “DEPARTURE” section, without manual corrections in the date/name section;
  • Transcript of Records (see 5.3), if available.

3.5 Interruption of mobility

It is possible to interrupt your stay abroad due to attested “force majeure” causes by reporting the reasons for early return to the Coordinator and to the International Office. The unused part of the grant must be returned (see 5.2). For study periods shorter than 2 months (i.e. 60 days) the entire grant must be returned.

4. How to organize your stay abroad

4.1 Travel safety

Students are recommended to register online via the MAE website in order to receive assistance in case of emergencies.

4.2 Insurance

In the framework of a mobility programme officially recognized by the University (such as Erasmus+), Univr students abroad as guests of a partner university are insured with:

  • accidents policy for permanent damage to people, caused by accidents occurred during main or secondary institutional activities, related to the mobility programme.
  • civil liability policy for events referred to an Univr student.

IMPORTANT: these policies do not cover medical and paramedical activities. If you are a student in the medical or healthcare area, please check with the host institution if you need any additional insurance to cover damages caused to third parties during the internship. If necessary, get an appropriate private insurance policy on your own expense.

Detailed description of the contents of the policies

In the event of an accident while abroad, contact the International Office staff and they will get in touch with the competent office at Univr.

4.3 Healthcare

Outgoing students must have the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC - EHIC), in order to benefit from healthcare services at public facilities in the European country of destination, according to the healthcare regulations in that country. For some countries outside the European Union and not recognized in Italy, healthcare regulations may provide for different types of coverage (Presidential Decree 618/1980, Art. 15). Students usually pay for the necessary treatment in advance and subsequently they ask for refund (for example Turkey, United Kingdom). Upon request, the Local Health Authority may release a document called "Certificate for healthcare for Italian citizens abroad". For further information on healthcare abroad, contact the Local Health Authority of the relevant health district or consult the website of the Ministry of Health.

Non-European students, regularly enrolled at Univr and living in Italy, can request the TEAM - EHIC by registering to the National Health Service, with some exceptions listed below.

Attention: non-European citizens cannot use the TEAM - EHIC in Denmark, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland since it is not provided by the local healthcare regulations (EC Regulation 859/2003).

In such cases students are strongly recommended to get a private healthcare policy. For further information, contact the International Students Union (ISU).

Go to the section: Before the mobility
Go to the section: After the mobility
Service managed by:
Unit International Office


FAQ - Keywords