Arts and Humanities
The PhD School of Arts and Humanities consists of the following four programmes, covering most of the relevant subject areas: PhD in Philology, Literature and Performance Studies; PhD in Foreign Literatures, Languages and Linguistics; PhD in Human Sciences; Joint PhD in Arts and Archaeology (in collaboration with the University of Gent, Belgium).The School aims to promote advanced training in research methods in the Humanities, by pursuing the following objectives:
1) to achieve interaction between different subject areas through training activities aimed at developing methodological competencies, seminars with the most relevant international experts in each field of study and leading cultural figures.
2) to develop internationalisation strategies at every level. This will be achieved by ensuring teaching committees are open to European and Non-European academics; providing PhD students with international mobility programmes, funded by the School also for long-term periods; supporting the application by international students in the PhD calls for applications; stipulating exchange and thesis co-tutoring agreements with the main international universities.
3) to acquire competencies in the research management and in the dissemination of scientific knowledge, as well as in the promotion of the cultural heritage in order to foster employment opportunities for those who have been awarded a PhD at the University of Verona.
- Andrea Rodighiero
- Administrative bodies of the School
- Secretary's office
- PhD Unit - Segreteria Scuola di Dottorato di Scienze Umanistiche
- 045 802 8031 (martedì e giovedì)045 802 8609 (il venerdì e il lunedì)
- 045 802 8411
- - Via San Francesco, 22 37129 Verona - Polo Zanotto - III piano - stanza 3.03 (al martedì e al giovedì dalle 9.30 alle 12.30)
- Carta dei Servizi
The enrolment procedure is available from 1st August 2019 to 29th August 2019
- Call for Applications 2019/2020
Details on how to submit your application and specific documentation are published on the PhD programme web page, on the page "Enrolment procedure"
Modified 28/05/2019Guida per immatricolazione - IT | 617Kb | 31/07/2019
Guidelines for enrolment - EN | 449Kb | 31/07/2019
Decreto di nomina dei vincitori/Official ranking list - IT | 231Kb | 31/07/2019
Call for admissions 2019/2020 - EN | 391Kb | 31/07/2019
Bando di concorso 2019/2020 - IT | 488Kb | 31/07/2019
- Regulations for PhD Studies
- Ph.D. Schools and Ph.D. programme regulations
- Graduate schools general regulation (at the University of Verona)
- University Regulations for Research Doctorates – issued with D.R. (Rector’s Decree) no. 1482 of 17. 06.2013
The present regulations will be applied starting from the year 2014 (XXIX Series)
The previous editions, up to the year 2013 (XXVIII Series), will be regulated by the rules in force at the moment of their setting up.
- Ministerial Decree no. 45/2012
Regulations concerning the procedure for the accreditation of the research
doctorates and criteria for their setting up - D.M. (Ministerial Decree) no.
- Degree certificate collect information (for degrees obtained from 1987 to 1998)
- Request of Suspension /Re-admission
PhD students should forward this request to the Co-ordinator of their Programme who will inform the PhD Programme Committee. The Graduate School Secretary, or whom it may concern, will forward this form to the PhD Office together with all the necessary documentation.
Guidelines - Maternity/Paternity
- Authorization to carry out/continue external working activities
PhD students should forward this request to the Co-ordinator of their Programme who will notify to the PhD Programme Committee. Acquired all necessary authorizations, will be the Graduate School Secretary, or whom it may concern, to forward to the PhD Office this form together with all the necessary documentation.
- Form to withdraw from Doctoral Studies/Scholarship
This Form has to be filled in by the student who decides to withdraw from his/her Ph.D. Program or ScholarshipIT | 26Kb | 09/03/2016
EN | 28Kb | 12/07/2016
IT | 28Kb | 09/03/2016
EN | 29Kb | 09/03/2016
IT | 26Kb | 09/03/2016
- Documents collection - Request
- DAF Form
Registration at the competent INPS office