Certificate issuing service – Science and EngineeringServizi
How to apply for a certificate (also in English)
The certificate (of enrollment with or without exams, of graduation with or without exams) can be used abroad or with Italian private entities (to public administrations and public service providers, according to the provisions of Article 15 of Law 183/2011, only self-certifications can be submitted). For student declarations, please refer to these guidelines).
Attention: for certificates on stamped paper, it is necessary to send a form for each course of study for which you are requesting the certificates accompanied by a 16€ "stamp duty" (marca da bollo). Example:
- You are requesting the bachelor’s degree graduation certificate with exams and bachelor’s degree enrolment certificate: only one request form is needed, accompanied by a "stamp duty" (marca da bollo).
- One requests a bachelor’s degree graduation certificate with exams and a master's degree enrolment certificate with exams: two request forms are needed and therefore two "stamp duties" (marca da bollo) (different courses of study).
The request for certificates in stamp use can be submitted by choosing one of the two options below:
Active career (currently enrolled student)
- send an email from your institutional mail account (...@studenti.univr.it) to firstname.lastname@example.org inserting in the subject line the name of the degree/master's degree course concerned, your matriculation number, the words "request for release of certificate" and attaching the appropriate completed request form (one for each course of study for which you are making a request). In response to the email received, the Secretariat will create in ESSE3 the virtual "stamp duty" (marca da bollo) of €16, to be paid through the PAGO PA payment system.
- the Secretariat will issue the certificate (.pdf) with the following annotation: "this certificate is valid only if the current stamp duty is affixed", then it will be up to the applicant to affix the second €16 "stamp duty" (marca da bollo) on the certificate received.*
Inactive career (student already graduated, or with career closed due to resignation, forfeiture or suspension)
Certificate in use of revenue stamp*
Send the appropriate form (with the stamp duty*) and a copy of an identity document (front/back) by e-mail (if still active, the institutional mail address ...@studenti.univr.it is also fine) to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org, including in the subject line the name of the degree program/master's degree concerned and the words "request for release of certificate in use of revenue stamp." The documents must in any case be received in original and can be hand-delivered to the Front-Office of Ca' Vignal 2 or to the Protocol Office, or sent by post to:
University of Verona
Via dell'Artigliere, 8
To the attention of the Science and Engineering Student Secretariat.
When the Secretariat has received the notice from the Protocol Office, the certificate (.pdf) will be issued with the following annotation: "this certificate is valid only if the current stamp duty is affixed", then it will be up to the applicant to affix the second €16 stamp duty on the certificate received.* The certificate can be issued in hard copy, upon agreement with the Secretariat.
Certificate exempt from stamp duty*
Send the appropriate form and a copy of an identity document (front/back) by e-mail (if still active, the institutional mail address ...@studenti.univr.it is also fine) to email@example.com, including in the subject line the name of the undergraduate/master's degree course concerned and the words "request for issuance of certificate on plain paper". The Secretariat will issue the certificate in .pdf format, but it can also be issued in hard copy by prior arrangement.
* if exempt, the revenue stamp is not to be affixed to either the request form or the certificate.
Applicants must attach a €16.00 stamp duty for the application, and a €16.00 stamp duty for each requested certificate (i.e. one for every 4 printed pages).
‘Stamp duty’ (marca da bollo, or imposta di bollo) is an Italian tax that applies to certain types of documents issued by the bodies of the Italian public administration, when such documents are not exempt from taxes under current legislation.
The current value of ‘stamp duties’ required for documents and forms of the University is €16,00 for every 4 printed pages.
Failure to comply with the obligation to attach the required ‘stamp duty’ to the documents in question may result in administrative fines.
'Stamp duties’ can be purchased in tobacco shops simply by asking for a ‘stamp duty’ of €16,00 (or as needed).
‘Stamp duties’ can also be paid online (if the student's career is still active) through PagoPA.
Certificates exempt form "stamp duty"
Only in specific cases, as specified by current legislation (Presidential Decree no. 642/1972 and other relevant provisions), certificates can be issued without a ‘stamp duty’. In this case, applicants are not required to pay any tax, not even for the application.
The applicant who intends to request a certificate exempt from ‘stamp duty’ must declare to the University:
- the reason for which such a certificate is being requested;
- the relevant legislation allowing certificates exempt from ‘stamp duty’.
Art. 22 of Presidential Decree no. 642/1972 sets out that all those (including public officials and users) who sign, receive, accept or negotiate documents that do not comply with the provisions of the aforementioned decree, or who refer to such documents, or attach these to other official documents, are severally liable for the payment of the relevant tax and any applicable administrative sanctions.
English language certificate with grade distribution and conversion to ECTS (A - E)
Active career (currently enrolled student)
Students with active careers who require a Transcript of Records must apply to the Secretariat for a certificate of enrollment with examinations, following the procedure above. The certificate issued will show the grade of each exam expressed in 30ths or as eligibility, the Disciplinary Scientific Area (SSD), and the conversion to ECTS (A - E).
Inactive career (student already graduated, or with career closed due to renunciation, forfeiture or suspension)
Students with non-active careers, who need a Transcript of Records/"ranking"/conversion to ECTS of exam grades or graduation grade, must request:
- to the Registrar's Office a Graduate Certificate with examinations, following the procedure above.
- to the Diploma Office the Diploma Supplement, following the procedure on the dedicated page. The Diploma Supplement will contain the information in this facsimile.
It is necessary to request both documents.
- Service managed by:
- Unit Science and Engineering Teaching and Student Services Unit