- Enrolment form for 2nd and 3rd year
Iscrizione anni successivi - IT | 1338Kb | 28/10/2019
Enrolment form for next years - EN | 1411Kb | 28/10/2019
- Guida al recupero delle credenziali ESSE3 e download MAV
- Ph.D. final exam - Enrolment Form
- Almalaurea Questionnaire
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING TO ALMALAUREA WEBSITE AND COMPILING THE QUESTIONNAIRE
- Doctor Europaeus
Richiesta per il rilascio della certificazione aggiuntiva di Doctor Europaeus
- Fac-Simile PhD thesis cover page
- Fac-Simile PhD thesis cover page (co-tutelle de thése)
- Guidelines to lay out the doctoral thesis and example of frontispiece
- New procedure for the deposit of doctoral thesis
Instruction for the deposit of doctoral thesis on the Academic Research Catalogue (IRIS)
- Guida riduzione dimensione file
- Request of Suspension /Re-admission
PhD students should forward this request to the Co-ordinator of their Programme who will inform the PhD Programme Committee. The Graduate School Secretary, or whom it may concern, will forward this form to the PhD Office together with all the necessary documentation.
Guidelines - Maternity/Paternity
- Authorization to carry out/continue external working activities
PhD students should forward this request to the Co-ordinator of their Programme who will notify to the PhD Programme Committee. Acquired all necessary authorizations, will be the Graduate School Secretary, or whom it may concern, to forward to the PhD Office this form together with all the necessary documentation.Request to carry out an external working activity - IT | 46Kb | 11/10/2019
Richiesta svolgimento attività lavorativa - IT | 45Kb | 11/10/2019
- Form to withdraw from Doctoral Studies/Scholarship
This Form has to be filled in by the student who decides to withdraw from his/her Ph.D. Program or ScholarshipIT | 26Kb | 09/03/2016
EN | 28Kb | 12/07/2016
IT | 28Kb | 09/03/2016
EN | 29Kb | 09/03/2016
IT | 26Kb | 09/03/2016
- Documents collection - Request
- DAF Form
Registration at the competent INPS office
- Official information regarding PhD trips
- Liquidation table
Only for PhD students without scholarship
- Modulistica per scuola di Scienze Umanistiche
1 (A) - Richiesta di autorizzazione soggiorno all'estero/Italia SENZA ANTICIPO
1 (B) - Authorization for periods of study/research abroad/Italy
2 (A) - Richiesta di autorizzazione soggiorno all'estero/Italia CON ANTICIPO
2 (B) - Authorization for trips, advance of trip expenses and use of funds
3 (A) - SALDO MISSIONE
3 (B) - TRIP ADVANCE FORM
4 - Uso di mezzo di trasporto straordinario nell’espletamento di incarico
5 - Dichiarazione spese vitto non in lingua corrente
6 - DICHIARAZIONI - ATTO Notorietà
7 - CERTIFICATION OF RESEARCH DURING THE STUDY ABROAD
8 - Scheda riassuntiva crediti
9 - Attribuzione crediti - precisazioni
10 - OFFICIAL INFORMATION REGARDING PHD TRIPS
11 - Scheda crediti formativiIT | 18Kb | 06/03/2019
8 - Scheda crediti formativi - IT | 36Kb | 09/10/2019
IT | 2447Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 2450Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 1151Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 2447Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 2451Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 2450Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 1414Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 262Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 28Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 1320Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 222Kb | 06/03/2019
IT | 564Kb | 06/03/2019
- Modulistica Scuola di Dottorato Scienze Naturali ed Ingegneristiche
Trip Authorisation form
Trip Authorisation form in advance
Atto notorietà per dichiarazioni
Modulo Autorizzazione - con anticipoIT | 1414Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 2449Kb | 14/11/2018
IT | 24Kb | 14/11/2018
IT | 2450Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 2445Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 2446Kb | 14/11/2018
IT | 598Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 645Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 2448Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 48Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 28Kb | 17/10/2018
IT | 99Kb | 17/10/2018
- Career Development Plan
Template to be used to describe your career development plan
- INVITE Ethics Issues Table
Document to be filled in to check if your reserach raises any ethics issues
- INVITE Research Project template
Template to be used to present the research project
- INVITE Research Protocol approval form
Research Protocol approval form that has to be filled in by all INVITE PhD Students that have ticked YES to at least one of questions in the Ethics Issues Table.
- INVITE Supervisory Meeting Report
Template that can be used for the qaurterly meeting between the supervisor and the INVITE student
- INVITE Timesheet
Template to keep record of your activities month by month, to be filled in regularly (at least once a month)
- Communication and instructions by ASPIC
- Slides - 1° group meeting
- Self report 1. Identifying and valuing personal resources
- Self report 2. Start the journey, open new paths: motivation, expectations, goals
- Self-assessment and skill identification
- Slides - 2° group meeting
- In October, after the decision of the Teaching Committee, the candidates admitted to the final exam must submit:
- Request of enrolment in the final exam;
- Proof of payment of the enrolment fees (to Università degli Studi di Verona sul conto IBAN: IT65–U–05034–11750-000000011000 [Swift code per versamenti dall'estero: BAPPIT21001], Banco Popolare, Piazza Nogara 2, Verona, Reason of payment “Tassa di iscrizione all'esame finale").
During the same month the PhD students will have to send their thesis to two External Assessors appointed by the Teaching Committee, which will take note of the evaluations. It will also discuss about the release of the ISBN and the use of the logo of Verona University on the title page of the thesis (Frontespizio) and it will elect the members of the Examination Panel.
In January the Rector Decree for the nomination of the Examination Panel will be published; students have to send to each member of the Panel (full members and experts) a copy of the thesis following the modalities decided by the Coordinator/tutor (paper or e-mail) by December 15th and in any case at least one month before their defence.
The awarding of the degree certificate is subjected to the PhD student submitting his/her final thesis to the University Catalogue for free access, which will ensure it is kept and available for public consultation.
PhD students admitted to the final examination must submit their thesis in pdf format to the Research Catalogue (IRIS) at least 15 days before their thesis defence. The thesis will b3 made public within 30 days after the student’s defence, except for suspension periods that may apply to theses containing sensitive industry information and /or publication rights.
PhD students will also have to deposit their thesis in the University Research Catalogue (IRIS), within 15 days before their defence. The missed deposit causes the exclusion from the thesis defence.
- The Doctor Europaeus Certificate refers to a label attachable to the national degree and conferred by European Universities, when the following three conditions regarding co-supervision, assessment by an international jury, multilingualism and mobility of the doctoral student have been fulfilled:
- The thesis must have been prepared in part as a result of a research period of at least three months spent in another European country;
- The PhD student should defend his/her PhD thesis in a European official language different from Italian;
- At least one member of the Examination Committee should come from a higher education institution of another European country different from the one where the thesis is defended.
- The PhD thesis must be written in Italian, English or another language previously approved by the Teaching Committee and has to be accompanied by a summary in either Italian or English. It is highly recommended for PhD students who intend to require the ISBN Code to follow the guidelines available in this section "Ph.D. Thesis defence"
- The IRIS Research Catalogue is accessible through the GIA credentials. The PhD students who have never used this system have to:
- Contact the computer technicians of their Department for the release of GIA credentials;
- Ensure that the GIA credentials are still active (if they already have the credentials but they have never used them);
- Ask the qualification for the access to the University Catalogue, sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- If you have lost or never required your GIA credentials, you have to contact the computer technicians of your Department. For further information please contact the Secretariat of your Graduate School.
- Yes, the awarding of the degree certificate is subject to the PhD student submitting his/her final thesis to the Research Catalogue (IRIS) for free access, which will ensure it is kept and available to public consultation. It is responsibility of the University to submit the thesis to the national libraries of Rome and Florence and the Ministerial Database, as required by law. Failure to submit the PhD thesis to the Research Catalogue excludes the student from defencing his/her thesis.
- If you want your thesis to become a “publication” to all intends and purposes you must apply for an ISBN. The ISBN - International Standard Book Number – is a number that identifies a product at international level, in a univocal and long lasting way and it is bestowed to all those products created to be used as book. Through the attribution of this code hence a doctoral thesis will be considered a publication to all intents and purposes.
- To be entitled to use this code, interested PhD students in order to properly manage the demands of the ISBN code release, we inform you that all interested , until 25 August of the year of discussion must fill in the online form available at the link: vai al sito Afterwards the PHD Office will transmit these requests to the Secretary of the School who will present them to the respective Teachers Colleges for approval. When The Office of Doctoral, received the decision of the Teachers College, starting from 20 september the office will send an email with the ISBN code to insert on the back of front page, as guidelines, After this the pdf File must be deposited in the IRIS catalog as a monograph .
- The ISBN Code on the PDF file will appear in the second page of publication and must be indicated: Title; Author; Type of publication; Place and date of insertion in the PDF Research Catalogue; ISBN Code
- After passing the final exam with the Thesis Defence, you will officially obtain the PhD Degree. The diploma will be released during the Ceremony, that take place every year, usually in October. If you are unable to take part in it, starting from the day after the Ceremony and during the opening hours you can withdraw personally your diploma at the PhD office or delegate someone who will have to present the delegation with a copy of identification document both yours and of the person you send.
- PhD programmes aim to train students to develop academic research methodologies. This is intended to include becoming familiar with relevant new technologies and conducting periods of study or internships abroad at private or public bodies for up to 50% of the programme duration (i.e. a maximum of 18 months abroad). PhD programmes help students acquire the necessary skills to carry out highly qualified research activities at public and private entities.
The PhD programme Coordinator approves PhD students requests to carry out periods of study / research of no more than six months away from their PhD programme site.
To this purpose PhD student must fill out a specific form available on the Graduate Schools webpage and, once filled in and signed up by the Coordinator, deliver it to the PhD office before the departure for insurance reasons.
For periods of study/research away from the PhD programme site of more than 6 months the request has to be submitted to the Graduate School Secretariat of reference with adequate advance in order to obtain the authorization of the Teaching Committee before the departure. On the above mentioned form the PhD student must indicate the duration of his/her permanence away from the PhD programme site (date of departure and return).
By filling out the above mentioned form , and only for period of study/research spent abroad, scholarship holders will be able to receive the increase of their scholarship calculated in proportion to the exact period of their permanence abroad.
This extra pay will be paid according to the rules listed below:
For period lasting more than 1 month:
- 80% of the entire period indicated by the student will be paid before his/her departure.
- 20% of the entire period will be paid after his/her return. To this purpose at the end of the period abroad, the student will must obtain from the hosting institution the release of a declaration/certificate reporting both the arrival and leaving date.
This document in original, signed by the foreign supervisor and countersigned by the PhD programme Coordinator, will have to be delivered to the School secretariat within 20 days after the return date.
If the certificate is issued several days before departure, those days will not be counted for the purposes of the liquidation of the increase.
Form missing coordinator signature or the authorization of the Teaching Committee will not be considered valid neither for the insurance nor for the increase of the scholarship..
- The periods of study abroad can last at most 18 months, that is no longer than the 50% of the duration of the entire PhD programme.
- For the scholarship holders the authorization implies also an increase of the scholarship amount for the period spent abroad. The authorization have to be delivered before leaving for both insurance reasons and scholarship increase that will be available starting from one month after the deposit of such authorization.
If the documentation is incomplete, it will not be processed for the payment of the increase.
For periods longer than one month, the 80% of the increase will be advanced, the left-over will be credited after the deposit of the attestation of the period.
The original certification, written on headed paper of the hosting entity and undersigned by the Coordinator of the course, will have to be delivered within twenty days from your return in Italy.
If the period is shorter than the declaration, that is, if the certificate is issued several days before departure, those days will not be counted for the purposes of the liquidation of the increase and the possible surplus will be retained.
For periods shorter than a month, the increase will be credited in a single instalment when the students come back to Italy and only after the declaration of the period abroad released by the hosting body has been delivered.
During the last three months of the scholarship allocation, no increase will be credited in advance.
For the scholarship holder students who are enrolled in the third year:
- No increase in advance will be credit during the last months of the PhD programme (July - September);
- For the students who study abroad between July and September, the credit in advance will be of the 50% (not the 80%).
- The PhD students authorized to spend a period away from the PhD programme base can claim the reimbursement of their expenses to their Graduate school of reference. The reimbursement will be granted in accordance with the University resources. For the reimbursement the PhD student has to fill in and submit the following forms:
- VM form;
- Liquidation Table;
- Original proof of expenditures.
- In specific cases and at the request of the PhD student, the Teaching Committee may authorize the issuing of the “Doctor Europaeus” certificate in addition to the national PhD qualification, under the following four conditions required by the European University Association:
- authorization to take the final examination is given in the light of thesis evaluation reports provide by at least two professors from two universities in the countries of the European Union that are different form the one where the student shall defence his/her thesis;
- At least one member of the Panel must belong to a university in a country of the European Union that is different form the one where the student shall defence his/her thesis;
- A part of the thesis defence must be prepared following a research stay of at least one trimester in another country of the European Union;
The certificate will be released only upon verification of all above mentioned dispositions.
- The aim of the co-supervision of this program is to promote scientific cooperation between two countries by encouraging mobility among their doctoral students. The special feature of this program is that the doctoral student is supervised by two thesis directors or supervisors, one in Italy and the other one in a partner institution in another country. The research periods spent in one or the other University will vary depending on practical needs and be agreed upon by the two thesis supervisors. These periods will be more or less of equal length. The entire procedure is regulated by an Agreement signed between the two Institutions involved. Generally there is one thesis defence but two diplomas are awarded, one issued by the Home University and the other by the Host University. However, this is not a mandatory condition. Sometimes the final PhD degree can be awarded only by the Home University. The “Co-Tutèlle de Thèse” is usually availabe for PhD students in their first.
Doctoral students interested in Co-tutèlle have to:
- Find two co-directors of thesis (one from Verona University, the other one from a partner country) who agree to supervise their research activity and PhD thesis project;
- Be regularly enrolled as a doctoral student at both Universities;
- Fill in the co-supervision Agreement available on the internet web site of Verona University (www.univr.it – Research – National and International Doctoral Programmes – The Internationalization of the Research Doctorate);
- Submit the above mentioned Agreement to the PhD Office (who will verify it and make final modifications). The Convention scheme must be filled by the PhD coordinator/thesis Supervisor, sent to the national and international PhD Office in two original copies both in Italian and in another EU language and to be signed by Italian thesis Supervisor and PhD Coordinator.
Within the 31st of August of each year, the Teaching Staff Committee will proceed with the evaluation of the annual work of the PhD activity.
Some schemes of agreements useful as base for the final arrangement with the foreign University are available on the Website www.univr.it (at Ricerca – Dottorati di Ricerca Nazionali ed Internazionali – L’internazionalizzazione del Dottorato di Ricerca). The final arrangement must be accompanied with the minutes of the Teaching Staff Committee, and sent to the PhD office that will proceeds with the Rector’s signature.
- The PhD student carries out his/her study and research activity in both Universities and these periods will be more or less of equal length (max. 18 months).
The final exam consist of the thesis defence in front the Evaluation Committee, constituted in accordance with the Co-tutèlle agreement.
The two Universities commit themselves to confer the PhD Degree, for the same thesis.
- Not all Countries allow the drawing up of a Cotutelle de thèse agreement; it is necessary to verify that the co-tutèlle project is provided for the partner university legislation.
- The PhD student may ask to the Teaching Committee a suspension in the attendance pf the PhD programme in case of maternity, paternity, civil or military service and illness, on the basis of appropriate certification.
All suspensions periods of more than one continuous month may be recovered at the discretion of the Teaching Committee during the possible extensions year, with regards to both lessons and the scholarship, applicable, although the scholarship cannot exceed 36 monthly payments.
The forms for suspension have to be sent to the Secretary of the Graduate school of reference.
- No, the scholarship will be suspended during the whole period of suspension. Twenty days before resumption of research activity the student have to communicate to firstname.lastname@example.org the date of resumption. The PhD office will communicate the procedures for the re-crediting of the scholarship to the interested student.
- The PhD students who want to withdraw the PhD programme during the year, have to deliver the form of withdrawal from the studies, written on legal paper (with tax stamp of €16.00).
The withdrawal from the studies implies renunciation to the whole doctoral career and the interruption of the scholarship.
- As a consequence of:
- an extended, unjustified absence from the programme;
- a serious breach of the rules governing the PhD programme;
- a justified negative/unsuccessful evaluation of the activities performed;
- A one-month suspension of attendance at course and receiving any scholarship funds;
- One to three months suspension of attendance at courses ad receiving any scholarship funds;
- Exclusion form the PhD programme ad revocation of any scholarship.