The Computer Systems group manages the servers needed to provide infrastructure services, adopting procedures to ensure efficient continuity of service (clustering and disaster recovery). Our group is responsible for:
- Monitoring and managing the Linux servers required to provide IT infrastructure services.
- Ensuring continuity of service for the Linux servers: monitoring, logging and disaster recovery.
- Monitoring and managing the Linux servers needed to provide IT infrastructure services.
- Ensuring service recovery of the Windows servers: backup and restoring.
- Monitoring and managing the essential servers for accreditation, authentication, IT authorisation and management of the IT labs: GIA and Livenet.
- Monitoring and supporting the basic management of HPC scientific computing servers and clustered Web and Intranet servers.