Whereas the University’s administration, by issuing the guidelines of 11 March 2020 on the adoption of the "Smart-work" (Working from home) scheme, did not intend to limit its use but to provide the Directors and Heads of Office of the University's offices and units with the "legal and regulatory bases" for the adoption of this scheme, the Director General of the University of Verona, in light of the Prime Ministerial Decree (DPCM) of 11 March 2020, which amended the relevant regulatory framework (see Art. 1(10), which reads: "For all non-suspended activities it is recommended to extend the "Working from home" scheme to employees as far as possible") specifies as follows:
1- the University’s managers, Directors of Departments/Schools/Research Centres and Heads of Office of the University's offices and units (hereinafter ‘Supervisors’), are required to organise their work activities in such a way as to allow the largest number of employees to access the "Smart-work" (Working from home) scheme. Authorised employees will be able to work from home - even on a daily basis, where possible - until 25 March 2020, notwithstanding the previous provisions of the Prime Ministerial Decree of 11 March 2020;
2 - the University’s Core Services, as set out in the University’s guidelines of 10 March (Annex 1), must in any case be guaranteed by defining the essential number of staff on-site, and introducing procedures for the rotation of shifts;
3 - the employees authorised to work from home are required to provide their telephone number with an indication of the time they are available, and to answer e-mails during working hours (Annex 2 );
4 - the Supervisors are required to assign tasks that can be verified, and check that the work is carried out and that the employee is available during working hours;
5 - everyone is expected to act responsibly and united to enable our community to overcome the emergency without compromising the provision of essential services such as training, research and health care, which are among the core values of our University.
The Director General
Annex 1 - Servizi Essenziali - University’s Core Services
- Segreteria Rettore-Direttore / Rector’s and Director General’s offices
(Segreteria Unificata e Comunicazione)
- Lauree e didattica a distanza / Distance learning and online graduations
(Segreterie Studenti,Servizi Informatici, Servizi Bibliotecari)
- Apertura sedi e pulizia / Reception and cleaning services
(Direzione tecnica- Logistica)
- Gestione presenze / Time and attendance
(Direzione Risorse Umane )
- Gestione Stipendi / Payroll
(Direzione Amministrazione e Finanza)
- Sicurezza / Workplace safety
(Area Servizio Prevenzione e Protezione)
- Stabulari / Animal housing rooms and facilities
(Personale Tecnico Sanitario in regime di convenzione)
- Scadenze Ministeriali non rinviabili / Non-extendable Ministerial deadlines
(Area programmazione, Area Bilancio)
Annex 2 - Employees authorised to work from home are required to follow the steps below:
1. On the first day of work from home they must send from their own work email account the authorisation form to the Certified email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, and putting “Accesso straordinario al telelavoro – emergenza coronavirus” in the subject line. Please note that the form must be signed by their Supervisor. Those who have already sent this form are not required to send it again.
2. Employees must agree with their Supervisors on work tasks to be carried out from home: these must be proportionate to the period of equivalent work. For each day worked from home, employees must send a daily report of such working activities to their Supervisor, who must validate and keep it.
3. On a daily basis and for each day worked from home, employees are required to submit their work status by selecting the option “TELELAVORO” on the INAZ platform: this can be for the whole day, or for the hours worked from home. This must be promptly approved by the Supervisor, in accordance with the relevant attendance procedures.
Please note that the number of hours worked from home must match each employee's usual working hours.