Maria Ivana Lorenzetti
- Palazzo di Lingue, Room 04A, Floor3
- +39 045802 8579
- Lorenzetti_Maria_Ivana_Curriculum Vitae ENG ( EN | 305Kb | 2023-01-26 )
- Lorenzetti_Maria_Ivana_Curriculum Vitae IT ( IT | 361Kb | 2023-01-30 )
IntroductionMaria Ivana Lorenzetti is Assistant Professor in English Linguistics. She holds a Ph.D. in English Linguistics from the University of Pisa. Her main research interests are in the domains of political discourse, the syntax-semantics interface, textual analysis, cognitive linguistics and translation, and she often concentrates on the contrastive analysis of more languages.
She is member of the Editorial Board of the Bibliography of Metaphor and Metonymy (John Benjamins) and she has been visiting scholar at the IPrA (International Pragmatics Association) Research Center, University of Antwerpen, Belgio and at the Department of Linguistics, at University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley).
Other informationRoles in university bodies
- componente Collegio dei Docenti del Dottorato in Lingue e Letterature Straniere A.A. 2022/2023
- componente Collegio dei Docenti del Dottorato in Letterature Straniere, Lingue e Linguistica A.A. 2020/2021
- ricercatore Consiglio del Dipartimento di Lingue e Letterature Straniere
- Member of Teaching Committee for Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Member of Academic Committee for the Advanced Course in English for the World of Work: focus on professional speaking and writing skills
- Member of Comitato scientifico del corso di perfezionamento e aggiornamento professionale in Contemporary English Pronunciation: from theory to practice
- Member of Comitato scientifico del Corso di Perfezionamento e di Aggiornamento professionale in Journalism in the Digital Age - Summer School