- Polo Didattico Zanotto, Room 02, Floor3
- Guido Avezzù – Curriculum (Engl.) ( IT | 162Kb | 2020-02-14 )
- Guido Avezzù – Curriculum (It..) ( IT | 159Kb | 2020-02-14 )
IntroductionGuido Avezzu’s research interests include:
- rhetoric and oratory of 5th-4th centuries (esp. Alcidamas and Lysias);
- tragic theatre in Athens with a focus on the relations between the drama texts and on individual plywrights (he has produced critical editions of Sophocles’ Philoctetes and Oedipus at Colonus, and philological and exegetical contributions on Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides).
- the history of classical tradition, with regard to, on the one hand, the manuscript tradition and the philological approach, and, on the other, the modern literary fortune of tragic subjects and motifs typical of ancient drama. He is Execcutive Editor and Co-General Editor of Skenè. Journal of Theatre and Drama Studies.
Current research includes:
– a critical edition, with introduction and commentary, of Euripides’ Electra;
– a critical edition with Italian translation of Sophocles’ Oedipus Rex;
– direction of the critical edition, with introduction, Italian translation and commentary, of Sophocles’ fragments;
– research coordination of the following digital archives:
• Corrections and Conjectures on the Text of Sophocles (CCTS),
• Lost Attic Plays Database (LAPDb),
and, in collaboration with Silvia Bigliazzi:
• Classical and Early Modern Paradoxes (CEMP).
Other informationRoles in university bodies
- componente Collegio dei Docenti del Dottorato in Letteratura e Filologia
- ordinario Consiglio del Dipartimento di Filologia, Letteratura e Linguistica
- ordinario Teaching staff council for the doctorate in Literature and Philology
- ordinario Teaching Council