PhD programmes are the third and highest level of university education in Italy.
Candidates are admitted to the programmes by a competitive application process. At the end of the three- or four-year period of study, graduates are awarded with the title of dottore di ricerca (PhD) after successfully defending their thesis.
The objective of a PhD is to learn good methodology for advanced academic or scientific research that can be applied at universities, public authorities or private institutions, or to acquire highly specialised professional knowledge to use in a company.
In the context of internationalising research, the University of Verona actively supports international PhD programmes, thesis co-tutoring and the issuing of the additional Doctor Europaeus certificate, as per specific collaboration agreements with foreign universities. It is also possible to be employed in a company on an advanced research apprenticeship contract and work towards your PhD at the same time.
PhD programmesOffered in four disciplinary areas
- PhD in Applied Life and Health Sciences
- PhD in Biomolecular Medicine
- PhD in Cardiovascular Science
- PhD in Clinical and Experimental Biomedical Sciences
- PhD in Inflammation, Immunity and Cancer
- PhD in Neuroscience, Psychological and Psychiatric Sciences, and Movement Sciences
- PhD in Neuroscience, Psychology and Psychiatry
- International PhD in Arts and Archaeology
- PhD in Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- PhD in Philology, Literature and Linguistics
- Ph.D. programme in Foreign Literatures, Languages and Linguistics
- PhD programme in Human Sciences
- Ph.D. programme in Philology, Literature, and Performance Studies
- Interuniversity PhD in Art History
- Interuniversity PhD in History, Geography and Anthropology
Enrolment in the PhD ProgrammesCycle XXXIV - Starting A.Y. 2018/2019
Successful candidates are invited to enrol in their PhD programmes through the dedicated platform on-line. The enrolment procedure will be available from 1 to 29 August 2018.More