Living and studying in VeronaCost of living and useful information
ESU residences in Verona
Students can apply for accommodation atESU: accommodation spaces are allocated based on the submission of a successful application, and are a convenient option for students.
Accommodation fees vary from €68 to €196 depending on the rate and room type:
- Full rate: €85 triple room, €109 double room, €135 single room.
- Reduced rate: €68 triple room, €87 double room, €108 single room.
- Standard rate: €121 triple room, €171 double room, €196 single room.
Students may also choose to rent a room or a bed space in a shared flat or house. In the city centre of Verona and in the university area of Veronetta (Humanities/Economics/Law Campus) typical rents in private shared flats are as follows:
• from €200 for a single bed in a double room (shared).
• from €250 for a single room.
In the area of Borgo Roma (Medical/Scientific campus) i rents are slightly cheaper.
Ads are generally posted on noticeboards at the University, or in specific Facebook groups.
ESU Verona offers students a contribution for the annual season ticket for urban, suburban and rail transport which can be up to €200 refund.
Some public transport rates in Verona:
• Urban lines ticket (90 min.): €1.30.
• Annual urban lines ticket: €320.
• Suburban lines ticket: from €1.30 to €6 per route depending on the area.
• Annual suburban lines ticket: from €305 to €620 depending on the area.
Transport bursary – ESU Verona
Azienda Trasporti Verona
In Verona there is also a bike sharing service, which for €25 per year allows you to use municipal bicycles free of charge for up to 30 minutes at a time, then return them to the appropriate stations.
Cinemas, theatres and museums: special discounts for students
By showing their university badge or ESU card students can benefit from reduced ticket prices in museums, exhibitions, cinemas and theatres:
• Cinema ticket for about €5.
• Theatre ticket for about €3 with ESU a Teatro.
• Opera Festival at the Arena for €10 withL'Università è all'Opera.
• reduced tickets for Museums and Monuments in Verona.