The Student Services Group is responsible for:
- Managing the administrative side of university admissions, including the admission procedures for limited-entry local and national study programmes, as well as open-entry courses. We assist with checking minimum knowledge requirements, facilitate the registration process and ensure efficient and effective use of classrooms for lectures.
- Helping to plan, coordinate and promote activities to guide incoming students; offering degree programme orientation and tutoring; and promoting initiatives for secondary schools, prospective students and their families by organising physical and online events.
- Ensuring our university programmes offer equal access to education and that we continually improve the development of student services, not only making sure students facing economic hardship have a chance to study, but also striving to improve the quality of studies for all students.
- Ensuring support (including financial aid) is provided for students with disabilities or learning difficulties, aiming to find the most suitable solutions in terms of logistics.
- Drafting guidelines and operational procedures for all kinds of internships and work experiences.
- Promoting agreements with foreign public and private organisations so that students can take on internships abroad.
- Providing support to all the institutions and organisations that are interested in developing international relations, encouraging international lecturers at the university and connections with different internal and external contacts.